Thread: Village Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #131
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
I've stated my opinion before that I'll rummage whatever crevices I need to find quarters or any other change if I am short on cash for a farmer's breakfast. No, I won't use the ATM because the surcharge and the ADDITIONAL surcharge by my own bank (haven't done this in years but it used to be like $3).

Regardless, to agree with some others, I am the younger generation and no we don't like cash. In all honesty, you guys think accepting plastic is the issue but lets be honest for a second. I barely even use plastic anymore. Coffee in the morning at Sbux or Dunkin I use my app, that is linked to my card./account with an auto reload from paypal. Out to lunch? Most of the establishments, including my building, accept LevelUp which is an app paying service that is linked to my card. Pickup the dinner tab for me and a friend? No big deal, just Venmo me what you owe. I need a ride? Uber or Lyft are both on my phone and linked directly to my accounts. Not going to try and explain these upgrades in technology but learn about it. If you want change, then make it realistic and get with the times.

With that said, all you people looking for them to accept plastic are far behind the times. Funny how that works huh?
I'm definately hearing what you're saying.....I believe there are no fee's when you pay with your phone app so when the time comes for us to move into the 21st century there might be enough of folks like you to offset the credit card fee's.
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: