View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #41
ARV

Lightbulb Something for everyone

It’s been interesting to watch the conversation going on here post town meeting. What I find most interesting is the notion that a community center would be “for the kids”. I will also add that I can definitely see both sides of this coin. The town currently owns both properties. At some point, I’m sure the idea was to do something with them.

Some interesting facts:
Did you know that if we had a community center, there would be more programs for everyone, young and old?

Did you know that most people seeking recreation (walking, exercise, socialization, clubs, kids programs) are currently paying money in other towns to participate in these kinds of activities? (This also has an effect on people moving to other towns because they do offer those programs)

Did you know that because of all the grants and pledged donations, the tax rate would only be impacted by ~ .14/$1000?

Did you know that the town would be able to make revenue from a community center, which would further benefit all of us?

Did you know that there isn’t enough room to hold Rec department Programs because the space is being utilized by the school?

I know the discussion will start to quiet down, now that town meeting is over. I am wholeheartedly interested in knowing the opposition to this. Why not have a community center?
ARV is offline   Reply With Quote