View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 08:49 PM   #15
longislander

Quote:
Due to threat of pending litigation, I will have to postpone town meeting once again. The new date will be Monday June 29th 2020 at 4pm at Moultonborough Academy.

Litigation is probably not the correct word. It would presume a contest between individuals, outcome to be determined by a judge or jury.

"Legal action" might be more appropriate.

Example might be an ex parte order, like a restraining order ... to not hold a meeting because of ...

Legal dictionary:
Ex parte: Latin meaning "for one party," referring to motions, hearings or orders granted on the request of and for the benefit of one party only. ... Ex parte matters are usually temporary orders (like a restraining order or temporary custody) pending a formal hearing.

No need for a hearing, the meeting date and time were changed.

I'm wondering if the 4:00pm meeting at Moultonborough Academy on the 29th is inside. Nothing stated. Maybe it will be on the outside Moultonborough Academy school property, called for in article 6! Jesting a bit. Maybe not!

I didn't attend the meeting at the fairgrounds today, but did hear about the possibility of another legal action. If it's from the same source, it will fail, and do not believe, now, it will even be attempted.

I'm all for SB2, especially now that the law changed last year, and now must be voted in, at town meeting instead of the official ballot (so-called Australian ballot). Couldn't be done for this meeting. Warrant is out and publicized. No changes that affect intent of the article.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote