View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #15
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
When people complain about the loss of small town life this is the kind of crap they are talking about. It would have taken a LEO 2 minutes to look up the owner and assuming they found them call and say "I have a guy here asking about your boat, is it ok if I give him your phone number?"
They didn't seem to mind taking the 2 minutes to call the tow company that was on call one Sunday afternoon last year to have my trailer towed from Downing's Landing because it was parked without a truck hooked up to it. It was perfectly legal, plate was on it, think they could have called me first, nope, just had it towed about 8 miles down the road at a cost of 200.00 to get it back so I could get my boat out of the water. I thought it was stolen when I first got back, but someone there said they saw the tow truck take it away. It was 6pm on a Sunday night, Alton police Dept had an answering service on call, so I had to drive around Alton looking for a cruiser so I could ask the cop where my trailer was. Come to find out, it wasn't Alton that had it towed, it was F&G. So you see, sometimes they don't mind picking up that phone and making that 2 minute phone call, when all they had to do was take the 2 minutes to look up my phone number and call me...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote