View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #25
Moss Creek Media

It's the caboose owners excursion train. They store most of them in Tilton. They contract with the Hobo RR to come down and get them, and then they take them up to Lincoln, where they stay overnight, and then return the next day (or sometimes they're up there for 2 days). There's a few pullman coaches in the mix as well.

I saw the train heading towards the Weirs a few months ago, and then was up in Lincoln the next morning and all the cabooses and pullmans were on a siding behind the McD's.

One day, I will own my own rail car and travel the country (they all have Amtrak approved couplers, so they can be attached to the end of regular Amtrak trains). That's not cheap!

Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
A caboose train.......................................on the way back home from Lowe's on Saturday, I took a scenic tour down past the Weirs' boardwalk just as a train was chugg'n through. It was the Hobo railroad train pull'n 19 different antique cabooses, two regular passenger cars and two locomotives, one front and one back. Never saw one train before with 19 cabooses....all very different...must have been some type of a caboose convention, or something? That seems like a lot of caboose traffic! Anyone around the area have their caboose stolen?

One caboose even had a 'for sale' sign on it. There's your chance...to own your very own caboose!
Moss Creek Media is offline   Reply With Quote