Thread: Solar?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #34
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Anyone on here installed solar panels? My little chalet in Moultonborough isn't too big, runs electric heat in the winter, a wall A/C in the summer, and now a hot tub. With the growing rate of my electric bill running this stuff, I'm contemplating a switch to Solar and wondering if it's worth it from a cost/installation standpoint.

My place is two floors, 32x24 so it's not huge. I'm trying to figure what the gross cost is and then net after incentives, reimbursements, etc. Also, how intense is the installation? I feel like it wouldn't be an extensive install. Recommendations on who to work with? Any other helpful info to contemplate?
My recommendation is to start to experiment with Solar. I myself am considering getting a kit to start the learning curve. I have a friend who has done this, and has slowly been building up to be able to power his camp. He has learned about proper positioning, what it takes to charge a battery, how long a single or multiple batteries can power various things like lights or well pumps.... Best thing is he hasn't had to spend a bunch of money all at once.... He also has yet need to attached his camp to the grid....

My plan in the next couple of years, is to get a small setup put together, that I can use to provide power to a crawl space heater, to help keep pipes from freezing and extend my fall season.... with out increasing my electric bill....