View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:42 AM   #40
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuResponse View Post
Judging by your passion, I would assume that you are a family friend of the OP or one of our competitors gearing up for the boat show. Also, your admittance of deliberate insults speaks of your character.

I can assure you, again, that all steps were taken to accommodate this customer to the point that we met ALL of his demands in the fall of 2019 and were still not able to put this to bed on his accord. There has been no intention to disrespect anyone on this thread until you joined. And in the future, I will offer anyone in the boating community free boating lessons, that thinks it is OK to have someone on their platform while the boat is in gear (no disrespect intended).

One of the many things that make a Cobalt great is that they have up to 8" more interior width than some of the other manufacturers in the same class and people love this. In order to achieve this, the deck above the rub rail is designed to be almost vertical. By doing this, the hardware for the Bimini does protrude beyond the rub rail slightly. The Bimini's on these boats are made with the highest quality and gauge materials on the market, so the frames are larger and capable of withstanding conditions which others will not. The forward mounts on the Bimini cannot be relocated due to the windshield placement but the rear mounts can be relocated (another option turned down by the OP). The options are to modify and relocated the factory Bimini (option given to customer per his request), or to install an aftermarket windshield mounted Bimini (option turned down by OP because I quote"i like the Bimini").

Lets talk about boats...

Wake board boats, have board racks that protrude from the tower way beyond the rub-rail

Fishing boats, have down riggers, trolling motor and rod holder protruding from the rub rail

pontoon boats, have plastic hardware on the Bimini's that protrude beyond the rub rail (not all manufacturers, but some)

just to name a few examples

Again, we have done everything possible for this customer per our suggestions as well as his own suggestions and met all of his demands which at this point you have misconstrued. It was taken to the point in the fall, after all of his demands were met i said "what would you like to do" and he didn't know what to say because there was nothing left to consider. This is the 1st customer that has had an issue with this design out of thousands of current customers and thousands of many more soon to be customers.

At this point i am going to bow out of this thread. The OP has his options available as well as his own solutions that we are happy to accommodate. We have done absolutely everything we could and provided top notch customer service which is proven time and time again.
Malibu,

Do yourself a favor and stop responding in open forum. There is a reason MOST business owners or high level employees of area businesses do not respond on open forum....you can’t win.

While many on this forum love to hear the back and forth banter and it makes great entertainment while increasing the visitor log, it is unprofessional on your part.

Contact the original poster off line or simply give up on them. Your continued response here is doing you or the business you own or work for no good...

Just trying to help...

Dan