Thread: Patriotic Duty
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 08:09 PM   #40
chasedawg

Default Mount Rushmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
....I just hope that some whack job on either side doesn't do something really stupid like shootings, starting riots, etc. The fanatics on each side this election cycle are nuts. Same goes for the our international foes who might want to send a message of some sort.....I sure hope not.

Totally agree with one of the earlier posts that in our great nation, these two are the "best and brightest" that we could nominate? Are you freakin' kidding me??

When I first became eligible to vote, I asked my parents for advice. They said, "vote your conscience...vote for the person you think would be the best leader". I can honestly say that for the first time ever, I did not vote for one of the two major candidates; I wrote someone in, (a legit leader; not a cartoon character). Some may say that this was a wasted vote, but it was MY vote and I voted my conscience.

I sure hope we get through the coming days/weeks/months without incident.

We have been traveling across "America the Beautiful" visiting our most amazing National Parks. When I stood below the incredible Mount Rushmore and the history behind this significant monument I could not help but reflect what we have for our politicians and candidates today. I could not see any of them standing up to the leadership of that time in our great history.

At Mount Rushmore you will see George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. How did we ever get to where we are today? So sad. But only hope is for God to Bless America and to provide the loving grace and guiding light to bring guidance to the NEW President of United States of America.