Thread: Patriotic Duty
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 11:05 AM   #31
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Lets face it, we are screwed either way. The difference is how....
I'm not so sure I agree with you. But I do believe that people need to pay better attention to the actions of their elected officials. Many of these clowns say one thing to get elected and do the complete opposite once elected. Wiki leaks highlighted this for Hillary, but honestly, most of this is out there in the public domain without resorting to stealing emails from campaigns. You just need to pay attention and look. When I see a news report about a candidate that piques my interest, I look for video of the original statement or I'll try to read the actual document that is causing the sensation and find out what the subject actually did or said. These politicians, on both sides, feel they are untouchable because so many people rely on soundbites and entertainment shows for info instead of researching what concerns them. People also vote on promises rather than results. While you need to rely on promises for a first time candidate, after that the voters need to hold them to their promises by critically looking at the results of the candidates term. If the results don't match the intentions, throw them out, too much is at stake.

I think the news programs and papers have seriously hurt themselves this election cycle by trying to excessively influence this election rather than diligently just reporting what is going on, hopefully they will pay dearly by people just ignoring them, not buying news papers that do this and turning off the news programs that are biased. We shall see.