Thread: Cost of fuel...
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 11:20 AM   #130
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
But that is where it must go if it is to survive...
Life cycle and value.

I do not have the 12 year old car... it was given to someone that drove it another 4 years.

Current auto is 2016. I would be comparing a new car to a new car in the same brand... Tesla isn't on my list. It would be an Ioniq against an Accent. I don't spend enough time in a vehicle to make it worth more than basic transportation.

But the concept should be the same...
You inspired me to check more closely--Ioniq looks great! Really nice SUV with 300 miles of range for less than $40K after incentives. But isn't the Accent an econobox? Nothing wrong with that, but not really a direct comparison. The Hyundai website shows a number of EVs with direct comparisons to internal combustion that look really attractive. You might check out the electric Kona SUV--it appears to match the gas price, even before $7,500+ in tax rebates, and available this month in Mass. (but maybe there's fine print or a misleading website?)

Though I agree with msw on the math and this forum not being representative of America, I agree with you and Think on the general point that EVs need to be for everybody. Hyundai is on the right track