Thread: Water driveways
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #87
hazelnut

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Against my better judgment I boated over to the Weirs on Saturday. Usually I don't do this due to the fact that the largest concentration of Captain Boneheads congregate in this area on any given Saturday. Anyway it was such a light boat traffic day that I thought what harm could come of it, right? WRONG!

I am sorry but this idiot in his pontoon boat in the Governors Island Channel pushed me to me breaking point. I've said it on here before that I try to fluff stuff of when I see it happening around me. I usually shrug my shoulders, laugh and shake my head. Well I snapped on Saturday. It began with this bleeping bleep-hole riding up my swim platform coming through the G.I. Channel. I had a Scarab in front of me and I wasn't about to drive up through him so I held my patience and figured well if this guy hits me he will owe me $$$ No big deal. Well as we approach the end of the no wake headed towards the Weirs this "captain" on his pontoon boat, older guy with his friends on the boat, punches his throttle and rides up next to me less than 15 feet away. Seriously 15 FEET! I have 3 little kids on my boat, ages 5 year old twins and 2 year old girl. Now he's actually turned towards the side of my boat and closing the gap. I FREAK!!!!! Basically I ask him, I don't have to yell because he could actually be ON my boat he's so close, "Is this your first day driving a boat?" He mouths off something and I elevate my voice inform him of the law and basically tell him he sucks at driving a boat. We break right throttle up and head for the Weirs channel. Guess who comes up behind us? YUP! You guessed it. When I finally stop at channel for gas he rides up beside us and tries, TRIES to make a comment, I cut him off and tell him "You are the absolute WORST boat driver on this lake, your passengers are in MORTAL DANGER driving with you!" I said "You not only put them in danger but the lives of my children." I then told him "move along before Marine Patrol is called and we check to see if you actually have a license to operate a boat in the first place!" He left, wonder if he actually had a license? Probably not!

Phew I feel better now.

Usually I don't explode like that but when it comes to putting my kids in harms way I FREAK!!!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote