View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 08:27 PM   #22
Juiced06GTO

I started trying to water ski at the age of 12 when my parents bought our first boat, an 89 Bayliner with a 75hp force on the back. I was a bigger kid and it wasn't an easy endeavor, I'd make my father drag me up and down Upper Suncook for hours trying. It took me until I was 24 and with a more powerful boat, to be able to get up haha!

My problem nowadays is finding someone to drive the boat so I can go! I've talked my wife into driving for me a few times, and usually get to give it a go once a year. I went for a nice rip around Suncook this year at 38, still need to work on dropping a ski though!

The best skiing story I have is when I was probably about 19 years old and my Dad, grandfather and I skipped out on Sunday church services. My Dad and I were down at the dock doing something on the boat when my 80 year old grandfather came down and asked to go skiing "quick while your grandmother is at church!" He popped right up and went right around the lake and just missed gliding right back on to the dock! That ole' Marine still had it even at 80!!
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote