View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 07:48 PM   #15
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
To piggy back on the above last sentence 'Half of the class is in the bottom of the class. Sometimes some in the bottom half make better Dr's.'

What do you call a person that graduates at the bottom of their medical class?
Answer ----------> DOCTOR !

IMHO, every NP I've had in the past has been more personable, conscience, dedicated to my personal health than most MD's I've had. I wouldn't hesitate using an NP. In most cases the NP in a medical practice has the ability to consult with an MD in the same office, should the need arise.
In NH, NP can actually practice on their own without MD backing. I know of a few private practices that are all NP and they are great location, always willing to listen to other medical professionals. PAc need to work under an MD. They, unlike NP, can actually assist with surgeries as well.
There are a lot of differences, and as far as I know, all the ones that I know all had to perform some kind of clinical (residency as you will).
As I've said in other posts, there are good, and there are bad. there are good MDs and bad, there are good PTs and bad, there are good dentists and bad. Can't make a general statement of ALL because of one personal experience.
As I tell all my patients when it comes to Orthopedics, or any MD. Sit down with them, chat, and if you have any kind of questions then get a second opinion. You have to feel comfortable with who you see or the odds are, you won't do well with them because you will always doubt them.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote