View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 08:28 PM   #9
SAB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody38 View Post
Trust me. You DO NOT want to be cared for by an NP. One does not learn how to practice medicine from a textbook. They do not have a residency that I am aware of. Therefore, some are extremely good while many are not. My experience was that I told one Dr. I did not want to see the NP. After she talked to me, the MD took over and it was night and day. My last experience a couple months ago when my primary care wanted the NP to check on my blood pressure was a disaster in my mind. Nothing done relative to BP. She was adamant that I go completely off salt. Period. Crazy. BP is in good range. Also not able to relate to me. Maybe she does not like men? Anyway I do not need to justify her existence. I have a NP in the family (by marriage) and she knows about enough to get herself in trouble. Thankfully my healthcare team is at Mass General in Boston. The last time I was admitted the other person in the room was from NH. He told me when they could not figure what the problem was they sent him to Mass General. He said it was often.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
This. an NP is not a doctor and don’t settle for less. I did once and a misdiagnosis turned out to be cancer.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote