View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 08:50 PM   #22
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADAQ View Post
Sunshine and Pas has always been good.

Hit up Center Harbor diner last week which was also good but not a fan at all of ANY restaurant that doesn’t take plastic! I usually never carry cash, so my visits there will be few and far between. I just don’t understand why restaurants in this century don’t take plastic?

Stopped at the Village kitchen everyone raves about last year only to find a sign on the door “cash only” did an immediate about face and split while I hear voice saying “we have an ATM”
Sure! I said and let me just add another $8.00 to my bill for your ATM fee and my banks cut.....no thanks!
I agree with the frustration of "CASH ONLY". However, if the food is great you'll always be sure to have the green stuff with pictures of dead men.

I learned this is the way of business at Pop's Clam Shell in Alton.

To be honest, even though restaurant operators have to pay 3% to the banking industry, credit cards are far better to use to avoid cash shortages, cash mistakes, daily counts and daily deposits. Far too many issues in dealing with cash.

I'm confident we could start a thread on the restaurants that have yet to accept credit cards.

I also have known of some unattended gas stations in the past that leave their pumps on all night but you can't use their pumps unless you have a credit card. So credit cards do have some use somewhere!
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote