View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Default ForumFest III

ForumFest III is not mentioned until July 27, 2006. There is talk of having it at the bar at the Winnipesaukee Pier so that the WeirsCam can see us during the gathering. The idea of holding it on the Mount pops up again.

Winni suggests the fundraiser to benefit St. Baldrick’s Foundation.

This continues the fundraiser that Pepper had already started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
To all of you who have become accustomed to seeing me with my wild red mane atop my head - prepare yourselves, because tonight it will be shaved away!

At 7:00PM this evening, on the front patio at Waldo's, my head will be shaved as a fundraising effort for St. Baldrick's Foundation. St. Baldrick's is a nationwide organization that raises funds for children's cancer research, education and treatment.

There is a large water bottle on the counter at Waldo's, and folks have already begun to donate to the cause. By the end of the season I hope to raise $10,000! I am doing this in memory of my beloved sister who passed away this past November, and I hope to raise as much as possible in her honor.

If anyone would like to witness the event, be sure to be there before 7:00! But be sure to wear your shades - - I don't want my gleaming bald head to blind anyone!
Pepper grabs hold of the ForumFest reins once again and proposes having the fest at Weirs Beach, giving the “other side of the lake” and opportunity to host the event. With help from DRH, the date of Sunday, September 23rd is finally picked. Grant, who started it all, cannot attend… again.

Quilt Lady donates another gorgeous quilt!
For the first time, Pepper offers pre-buying raffle tickets.

As the date approaches, it looks like we are in for foul weather. Steve A. comes to the rescue with the use of the Historic Lake Shore Park Pavilion.

We have a wonderful turnout!

Lakegeezer begins the use of ForumFest WebCam

Carguy shares the old movies of the Mt. Washingtons on LSP big screen television.

We taste Steve A’s chili for the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
The chili that SteveA served at FFIII was delicious. I ususlly don't eat chili because I don't like the beans, but I sure liked his chili. I think it was the best chili that I ever ate, bar none.

There were a record number of donations for the ForumFest raffle.

$1,335.00 was raised for St. Baldrick's Foundation at Winnipesaukee.com's ForumFest III!

The Grand prize quilt was won by rrr (left), who was unable to attend.
The quilt was awarded to her on 9/30/06 at Waldo Peppers by Pepper and the quilt's maker, Quilt Lady.

Click here for the ForumFest III Gallery