View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Ole Guy View Post
Looking for some advice from the group.

I have recently retired and it dawns on me that I can open my summer place earlier. I generally don't worry about freezing pipes because I rarely got it opened before mid May in the past.

I would like to start right after Easter this year but I am kind of leery of leaving the water on for a week while I am back home because of wife's work and kids school . Any thoughts as to when it should be ok to leave the water on. I realize that nothing is ever a sure thing but just looking for thoughts on the matter . Thanks
Retired Ole Guy, I just noticed that you are fairly new to the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. As you can see by other responses in other threads there are a lot of friends here that can lead you in the right direction for installing your water. I use to always connect my water at the camp this weekend or next and never had a problem, but there is always a first time. GO FOR IT and enjoy your retirement at the cottage early