View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 06:40 AM   #12
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Since your Rinnai ECP75 specs state it can only produce 2.1 gallons per minute and since the average shower utilizes 2.1 gallons per minute, I'm not sure why you would expect anything more?? You should have bought a larger unit plain and simple...

Dan
My E110CN is 5 years old and never had a problem. 3.2 GPM flow rate is perfect for a 2 bathroom home. 110,000 BTU is sufficient to heat a high energy efficient 2500 sq foot unit.

Don Morin, who is now retired after 60 years in the business recommends this unit. He says if I have problems it's usually in the water and electrical handling units, i.e. the water circulator, zone switches, zone valve control, etc. They have one year warrantees and often fails. In this install, he uses brands that he can trust.

This model has a 12-year warranty.

The only problem I had was Don Morin's retirement left me without a qualified maintenance person in the area. I made the mistake of allowing Rowell's to maintain the unit only because they claim to maintain Rinnai systems. The system was only two years old, the technician claims the unit is failing and had to flush out the unit and all the lines! Padded the bill big time! After he left no heat in the baseboards and there was a gurgling noise. This time I called Rinnai. They told me to unplug the unit, wait a couple of minutes before plugging in and perform a system diagnostic, purge the pipes of air, and if necessary add water. Problem solved. Called a qualified company since.

I agree with you, you need to get a bigger unit.