View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #265
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
When did I ever state that this was my "favorite boater"???? My favorite boaters are obviously paddlers and sailers - NOT power boaters.

The speed limit will not solve all problems, because it only addresses speeds above 45 mph (daytime) and above 25 mph at night. But it will make the lake safer, by slowing down the fastest boats.

The lake could easily be made safer, as could all waterways, by addressing the day to day reality of boating, especially on weekends. If people like you, that have apparently spent a great deal of time with the speed limit issue, could see the end of your noses, safety would be addressed. Pragmatic behavior is not the strong suit of the speed limit crowd. But in their defense, I can see how their false message of safety lured in the naive, while their true agenda went unnoticed. They're happy for now, and the lemmings continue to follow on the same course.

If you guys spent half the time promoting increased enforcement of existing laws, promoted additional funding, etc..., you'd have some credibility. Day in and day out, real boaters (including the GFBL boating groups), have actively promoted enforcement to no avail. While every couch potato idiot in every state cries for speed limit laws after every accident, the one thing that becomes abundantly clear is they don't know safety from a ham sandwich.