View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #64
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
In my opinion the issue here is not the rights of property owners but the rights of Winnipesaukee boaters to use coves for rafting. It seems that the legal process, the DOS, and even SBONH are not giving enough consideration to these boaters.

I believe there is a large number of boaters that are dismayed that over the years more and more coves are enacting NRZs. I believe that these boaters would object to all, or almost all, of these NRZs.

In a previous post I said property owners would almost never complain about a No Rafting Zone. The response was an example where property owners disliked a No WAKE Zone. I can imagine property owners not wanting a NWZ, I can't imagine property owners in a cove not wanting a NRZ!
B.I.

I believe you are splitting hairs here.

First: we all agree that the lake is owned by the state and EVERY boater and boater type should have the right to use it. SBONH incorporated this into the abutters bill by asking for the requirement that the information be listed on the DOS website and not just a small blurb in the legal notices of the Union Leader which many boaters in state and especially out of state may not have access to. Furthermore we try to post on our forums as well to vet whether or not there is an issue. If you have a better way of informing every boater about every change that may or may not occur please do so.

Second, If you read above: I stated that the petitioners for the Barbers Pole NWZ made the same argument saying "why would anyone disagree with this proposal". I just used this as an example where-by they also couldn't imagine there would be opposition but there clearly was. It is difficult to speculate what every boater and or land owner would believe. Being on the water as well I would object to a NWZ or NRZ in front of my property for I do not feel it would be warranted.

I believe there has been an appeal filed from an independent party. If this is a serious topic for you I would recommend filing a letter of support to that appeal.

Also, please feel free to participate in the ongoing conversations on the sbonh forums if you have other issues you would like us to examine.

Happy Thanksgiving!