View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #35
First Mate

I will send a letter. I anchor in those coves nearly every weekend. The no wake area makes it nice for swimming and eating lunch, it is very quiet and not entirely weedy. I have seen a couple of boats rafted together a few times only, near the wooded shore of Flag Cove (didn't know the name before). I have never seen anyone barbeque, and I haven't seen much trash. It is just not that crowded in there.

There is a small seaplane that occasionally docks at a home there...and there's a double decker pontoon boat with a slide...my only point being that it isn't just kayaks and canoes and wildlife in there.

I had no idea about the 150' rule, that certainly will limit the ability to anchor. (IMHO that should be a separate restriction from rafting.) I noticed that there are already 15 areas of the lake that are restricted (thanks jrc for the link). It seems too easy...signatures from 2006?

I don't know how much good it will do, but at least I can try to be heard. Otherwise I wouldn't have known until I saw the revision on Bizer's next chart. Thanks so much for starting the thread, McDude.