View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
And now you post a personal attack, go figure. I await your answer on why you do not complain about family bow riders breaking the no wake zone by your place?

The typical way old curmudgeons complain about something/someone is to post on web sites about them rather than stepping up and address the situation with those who are the problem. In this case I think most adults would have contacted marine patrol and the organization who put this event on and handled it that way. That IMO would be the adult way to handle this rather than fan the flames.
I have complained to the Marine Patrol many times over the years about violaters of various regulation including the NWZ. I have signed written complaints twice and one offender was convicted in court.

A few years ago I almost singlehandedly contacted State Legislators and defeated a bill that would have deprived twelve year olds and younger the privilege of operation power boats under 25HP in NH.

Many people do violate the Bear Island NWZ but most of the time they are anonymous to me. On the few instances I have been able to get a bow number or otherwise identify them I have forwarded that info to the Marine Patrol.

In the case of this poker run I was able to contact some of the perpetrators because I know they are members of this forum.

I made my post as a gentle request that the NWZ be observed. I was not intending to take it any further. However because of the responses I have received, I will be going to the Marine Patrol offices tomorrow and file a written complaint against the poker run.