View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Seems like the owner of the shop has had come back problems working on older cars so seems to me if he wants to avoid it don't work on older cars. Turn the work away. I have run into a number of places that do just that, if you bring them anything over 10 years old, even if it's clearly in excellent condition they will not touch it. For me, I'm lucky I do all my own work but have run into problems getting inspections done. I've been refused at a number of places and the excuse, age of the vehicle. I can certainly understand that, it's their choice but stinks for me when I HAVE to get an inspection done.

One thing I will say in defense of the owner of this shop, having worked as a tech myself I have had people come back complaining that things are "broken" on their vehicles that weren't before it was repaired and DEMAND the shop fix them as if it is the fault of the shop. It puts the owner, or dealer for that matter in a sticky situation as whatever is broken could very well have happened as a result of a repair or may have nothing to do with what was done at all, just somebody trying to get something for nothing and believe me there are plenty of those out there. So do you risk your reputation and tell the customer to go pound sand, or do you lose money fixing something that may never have been broken by you in the first place? Tough call. Not suggesting this is the case here, just saying it happens.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote