View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
BI... I am again very surprised. I thought we were on the same page looking for a compromise..

1. It is a boating forum in a General Website concering the lake. The statement that only boating individuals are voting is completely false, bacause anyone on the website can come into the boating forum, not just boaters, and cast a vote. I would agree that the majority voting are boaters but not necessarilly everyone.

2. 78% are not in favor of speed limits. Since I wrote the poll I was clear to write in Unlimited in 3 of the catagorys. You can easily say that 60% are in favor of UNLIMITED (some with restrictions: distance, broads)

To say 80% are in favor of speed limits is a generalization that is being twisted.

You and I have talked at length about a compromise. I have made it clear that while I would want it to be totally unlimited I am willing to compromise to make it work for everyone. I was under the impression you are also willing to negotiate this. Am I still correct on that assumption?
Please don't confuse my predictions with my hopes. I HOPE there will be a compromise that makes more people happy. I PREDICT the permanent speed limit, 45/25, will pass easily.

I don't think I am twisting anything. 78% voted for one of the speed limit options. Therefore 78% favor a speed limit of some kind.

You will also notice that the polls show no uniformity in finding a compromise.