View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 09:05 PM   #12
jetskier

Default Additionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofnaud View Post
For my older 2 stroke, 2 cyl Kawasaki,,,

Run the engine on the trailer while pouring pink antifreeze through the cooling system until it ran out the exhaust.

Pull plugs and fog the engine. Replace plugs hand tight.

Disconnect battery. Put the battery in the garage on trickle.

About 45 min works.

In spring, reverse procedure.

"I just do not get the ~ $200 Spring commissioning."

I agree, $200 to see if it starts and charge battery if needed, is a bit much. I think a lot of marinas use that as a cash cow..
Additionally, it is prudent to put stablizer in the gas and run that through the system. I use Seafoam.

Personally, I don't fog the engine. I do clean the jetski and wax it before I put it away. Note that you only have to flush the engine with propylene glycol (pink stuff) if it is an open cooling system. That really only applies to the older 2 strokes. The 4 strokes are generally closed loop. I put the battery on a trickle charger for the winter (also mentioned previously)

In the spring, check the fluids (oil & antifreeze - if closed loop)...change the plugs on a 2 stroke, test the battery, reinstall the battery. You should also check the pressure in the trailer tires in the spring and check the lights.

Fall takes about 90 minutes per jetski with all the cleaning. Spring takes about 60 minutes per jetski.

Just my 2 cents.
Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote