View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 08:09 PM   #60
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Cars from the 60's and 70's (pre-emissions) have rocketed in value: Some are converted to electric power, others for avoiding dealerships, impregnability to EMP, savings in insurance, or simply to avoid the 40-minute recharging time between destinations. BTW, if electric transport is such a good idea, why has it been made mandatory?

I have three cars in line for restoration, and the restorer is backed-up for years!

That's a double blinding light. I've got single blinding light that might be a converted aircraft landing light.

Strange that it's only blinding upstairs, and not terribly objectionable downstairs or on the dock. It's located about five houses west of Libby Museum, on noisy Rt. 109.

As if the lake needs another insult, the newest lighting (from "over there") 😒 is far brighter than the conventional lighting I've got--but seldom use. My neighbors in Florida have cut back on their lighting, so we can all enjoy the night sky at any time.

No love for electric cars here, they are NOT clean, contrary to popular belief. And when they soon start charging astronomical fees to dispose of them when the batteries die, no one will be happy.

Our society now looks at most things in very short time-frame terms, so electric cars look good to some who trad in their cars every 3 or 4 years, but in reality the sad truth is that the critical cradle to grave aspects of battery cars are not better than gasoline from an environmental perspective. Right now there are more outright lies being published about this industry than truths. Make no mistake about it, the motivation behind electric cars is not environmental, its about money, BIG money. And the key investors are going to be beyond anything we have seen wealthy.

Maybe someday if they can invent a common metals battery it might get better, but for now they are a combination of novelty and abomination. Toys for the rich or boat anchors for the working man depending on what you can afford.

Passages cars should be the last form of transportation we touch in any legitimate effort to improve the environment.

And the idea that we could ever produce enough battery cars to meet our needs is ridiculous. You would have to excavate an area on the order of the White Mountains leveled to the ground to mine enough raw ore to make all those batteries.

So if I have lead you to think in any way I harbor any fondness for this madness, my apologies, I can assure you I look upon battery cars with great disdain. They are one of the biggest scams perpetrated on the public since the fluoridated water nonsense.

As for what some of you report as the newest trend at the lake, commercial grade flood lights on residential property, I totally understand and you have my sympathies. While I do enjoy normal and reasonable residential lighting all along the shores of Winnipesaukee, I see no need for such industrial lighting on private homes as was pictured in the post by PIG.

No doubt the first half of my post will meet with some disagreement,,, As they say, sorry, NOT sorry! I am 100% confident in my perspective, based on decades of personal experience in this industry, and a nice diploma buried somewhere in my basement that tells me I was sufficiently educated by U-Mass to know what the real truth of this matter is.

For those who want to "save the planet" the best advice I can offer is ignore all media and advertisements. Journalism ended with the Huntley and Brinkley Report. You can thank Walter Cronkite for the godforsaken mess that is todays "news" and its total lack of impartiality and integrity. Again, sorry, not sorry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: