View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #80
pcmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni on winni View Post
With all the investing that Akawa is doing along Lakeside/Scenic road. They must have some idea of the future of the Weirs. Wouldn't you think?
One would hope so. Living in CT. it seems if there is an open piece of land, a building has to be put on it. It's hardly ever about preserving the area, it's always about profiting off of every square inch, no matter how much damage will be done down the road when the areas age and time passes.(get run down) Greed can do a lot of damage, and usually is a ulterior motive., but I suppose this is what keeps the world going around. Sad.

Another thing, as a bright side. The Weirs being so space deprived, buildings and in this case the water slide, get torn down and replaced. Another pet peeve of mine is when there is huge vacant commercial building available , but a brand new 'similar' building gets erected just up the street, while the old one sits. (I realize it can be cheaper to build new vs renovate, and people want customized space, but the community should rank a little higher up.)

Sorry to rant.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pcmc For This Useful Post: