View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #52
Cristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I hear ya. I know there are some crappy PWC riders out there that give all of us a bad name. However like you said, some people just love to hate us, law-abiding or not. Oh well, that is their perrogative. Whatever floats their boat, I suppose.

A few years ago, there were 4 of us on PWCs going up one stretch of the Merrimack River. There were a few boats on the water, but nothing we couldn't get around without coming off plane, well outside the 150' range. the one boat we couldn't get around outside 150', we all slowed to no wake speed. As we initially took off, we saw the MP boat putting in at the ramp. We thought nothing of it until we got to our destination, and he pulled us over. He said the boaters were cheering as he passed them. He then said that if they were cheering, that means we must have been within 150' of them. I just laughed, and asked him how close did you observe us to be? Of course he didn't know, so he couldn't ticket us based on peoples cheers. He had no proof, because A. It didn't happen, and B. He didn't see it anyway.

Since he caught up to us relatively quick, I wondered which of us were going "too fast" or too close, us on the PWCs, or the MP guy? lol
That's a crazy story. At least you didn't get a ticket. PWCs are like bikes - MP and cops LOVE to go after us.

Anyway, have a great summer on Winnipesaukee!

Last edited by Cristen; 06-27-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote