Thread: Kayak fees
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 05:30 AM   #45
ApS

Thumbs up Bend, Not Break...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Yes, APS, they [Legislature] took the funds that Director Barrett had saved to rehab the old MP HQ. And they built a facility that will work for the next 50 years. Wise decisions in my book, especially after a tour of the new building and the environmental considerations that went into its design. Thank you Lt. Perhaps sailboats should pay a double registration fee because their inherent right of way occupies more space than a GFBL which is in its space for a VERY limited time, while the sailboat is there, exercising RoW forever? Time to consider others? Maybe the legislature should revoke sailboat R o W as a fairness issue? When I hear the Mount blow her horn repeatedly in the broads, it isn't a powerboat in the way. I applaud that you seem to be the only sailor here, sticking up for other sailors, but you need to understand the position of others, especially those powerboats who are paying the bills.
• There's a new NHMP building, but where is the NHMP patrolling? (Not here).

• The Mount uses "repeated blasts" as a horn? 'News to me. Not only have I never been "honked" at, I have found that the Mount acknowledges sailboat presence by steering a very considerate and professional course—and have mentioned it here previously. (Thanks again, Cap'n).

• The difference between my powerboat "fee" and unpowered sailboat "fee" is $5. A NH fee adopted 30 years ago to regulate boats that merely bend New Hampshire's wind, and leave no damaging wakes behind.