View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:05 PM   #31
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
My experience is the a-hole always gets the right of way. Doesn’t matter what the regs say. Be ready to yield as the other guy won’t.
Agreed, simple common sense. Seems like everybody wants to complicate everything. I find watching the "idiots" entertaining sometimes, depending on what they're doing. I saw people tubing in the broads on a pretty rough day this year. The kids were getting POUNDED, looked like rag dolls bouncing up and down. I thought maybe they were being punished for something...!! Maybe I'm just getting old, but it didn't look real fun at all!! I'm not usually in a hurry when I'm on the boat, so if I'm on a collision course with someone that won't give way, I just slow down, or change my course, whatever circumstances allow. If I had someone following me, threatening me, I would just put the phone to my ear and let them know that I'm calling MP, and if they go away, I hang up, if they don't go away, then I will make the call for real and try to keep my distance till MP arrives. It's hard to believe that people can get that mad in such a situation, seemed pretty harmless to me by your description, yes a holes, but not a life threatening situation. Makes me wonder if alcohol was involved. Imagine if there were no lines painted on the roads...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 07-06-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote