View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #17
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
Google the Obamacare and you will find that the claim of 20 million newly insured is not accurate. Washington simply played games with how they counted.

Obamacare is a disaster. I am paying a fortune for Health Insurance with a 10K deductible. IMHO the plan was to break the system of buying Health Insurance and force us into a single pay government backed health.

Best of luck finding a better solution.
Good idea on Google. If I ignore the pundits who hyperventilate at the word "Obama", and also set aside conspiracy theories such as the whole thing is a plan to break the system, I get a 2015 Goldman Sachs estimate of 17 million, including increased use of Medicaid (which was part of the plan). I'd call that close enough for government work.

I think we all agree that government should be doing something to reduce healthcare costs without sacrificing quality of care. Neither party has a plan to do that. The Republican plan would have cut spending, and I would have enjoyed the tax break. But their proposal would have increased costs and reduced coverage for the poor, sick, and old.