Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #74
hazelnut

So then laserp deliberately turned into the path of the formula?

I am baffled here. Gilly and ITD. I am not addressing the op or anything else. My point all along has been that laserp came on to the forum calling someone else an a##hole and then illustrated a story that CLEARLY shows that he steered his vessel towards an overtaking vessel. No assumptions necessary here. That is a fact that lp himself stated. So NO BIG DEAL. I take issue with his attitude in his op. He blamed the other captain entirely. THEY WERE BOTH WRONG. What is your crusade on this one? Are you mad that I am not calling out Greens Basin Girl? When I read this thread and got involved in this discussion I was irritated by lp's story more than GBG's story. Would you like me to go back and pick her story apart? Would it then be ok and we could call a truce.

No matter how you read this, being a technical writer, or a Masters Degree holder (me), how can you not see the fact that lp made a navigational error and steered INTO the path of another vessel. The Formula could have been DEAD wrong in that they themselves did not leave enough room. All I know is that I have to assume that lp is a sane and maybe even a FANTASTIC captain with YEARS of experience. Heck he may be one of the better boaters on the lake. Unfortunately HE made an error in failing to keep proper lookout. (FACT NOT OPINION) unless we play the "sane" card lol, as I said. So he messed up. Whoops.... no biggie.

So he steered into the path of the overtaking vessel,

Started to pull off plain and pull to the right. Turned around and this guy was 20ft from me doing at least 30.

Then made a move to recover:

I hit the throttle and cut hard right and fortunately he cut hard left. Missed me by 20ft... AT NIGHT!!

lp came on this forum and called another boater an A##hole. His words not mine. He then illustrated a story that calls into question his skills as a captain. It's pretty plain and simple. I don't know either captain. The Formula captain is not held blameless in this scenario. And that is all this is, a scenario.

ITD to your point, there would have been an extensive investigation and honestly I do not know what the outcome would be. If alcohol was involved we all know what the outcome would be. However, if lp told the story to the police as he did here it would be quite interesting to say the least as to what the outcome would be. Can we all just say thank god that didn't happen.