Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #64
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
How do you know he didn't mean he looked behind him many times in those 5 minutes? I'm not arguing boating laws here, I'm arguing reading comprehension! So I guess I should make an insulting comment about people who can't parse a couple of sentences not knowing the boating laws because they don't understand what they're reading!

And the OP stated her husband didn't even see the boat that passed them within 9 feet until it was happening. Where's the outrageous indignation about that? Oh, that's right, she's not a junior member.
So by your logic he intentionally turned into the path of the Formula??? And as to the OP, you are correct. Perhaps there was a bit of negligence on their part as well. I'd love to hear more on that story.

And Chaselady, I was not the person who called someone an ***hole. laserp came on to this forum calling someone a nasty name and insulting them. Now I am the big bad senior member?

There is no conspiracy theories at play here. I didn't appreciate laserp's tone in their post calling someone and offensive name and then describing a story where they were clearly in the wrong as much as the Formula. The resulting debate has been kind of silly. How can anyone think that laserp was keeping a proper watch when he deliberately turned into the path of the overtaking boat? Why would any sane captain do that?

Sorry if I have come off a bit harsh but the tone of the original message from lp was offensive.