Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #62
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
gilly,

It has nothing to do with being a KNOW it all. The man said in his own words that DIRECT QUOTE:

He "..Looked behind me many times and there was no boat within 500 yards. I may have been cruising for 5 minutes when I was getting to my destination"

If you can't read that as, he waited 5 minutes before looking behind his vessel or the fact that he didn't state that he checked behind his vessel before making the maneuver then ummmm wow... is all I can say. I mean no big deal but the man said in his post that he

..had an ***hole in a 30 ft Formula almost run his boat over mine at night on a weekend.

All I am saying is that by his post it looks very much like he failed to keep a proper lookout. I am by no way excusing the operator of the Formula for his part. However the poster, laserp was NO BETTER an operator at the time. Therefore, as I said before, when you point the finger oftentimes there are three fingers pointing back at you. Nothing personal towards you or anyone else.

It seems as though many here aren't truly familiar with boating law. YIKES.
How do you know he didn't mean he looked behind him many times in those 5 minutes? I'm not arguing boating laws here, I'm arguing reading comprehension! So I guess I should make an insulting comment about people who can't parse a couple of sentences not knowing the boating laws because they don't understand what they're reading!

And the OP stated her husband didn't even see the boat that passed them within 9 feet until it was happening. Where's the outrageous indignation about that? Oh, that's right, she's not a junior member.