View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #17
Belmont Resident

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I (reluctantly) had dinner last night with some out of town guests that wanted to dine at Rusty's Lake House. The bartender was telling the people sitting next to me at the bar that business is way down this summer for their restaurant, yet some of the other C-Man locations are actually up.

I can only attribute this to the silent (but deadly and effective) boycott of Rusty's and Alex's establishment by the people who were against the speed limit.

Great work...let's keep it up! Continue to support those establishments that made smart business decisions to keep silent and remain neutral on this volatile issue. Continue to boycott Rusty, Alex, Thurstons, Fays and the others that overtly supported the speed limit.

America is a wonderful place!
Just found this thread and I'm glad to see there are others that years later still feel the same way I do about those establishments who openly lied about things to get the speed limit passed. As I mentioned in another thread I'm also glad to see that the performance boats look to be making a come back on the lake.
It seems that a lot of the issues discussed as a basis for introducing speed limits are again being brought up and complained about now that boater traffic is on the rise.
I also have never been nor will I ever go to Church Landing, one of the Common Man establishments or any other establishment that supported the speed limit.
My wife had been wanting a spa visit to Church Landing for years so last Christmas I finally got one for her. At the Inn & Spa at Opechee, I never even gave the other place a call to price them out for or against.