Thread: Boat crash
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 09:39 PM   #163
Marine Patrol

Default Only statements have been ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
I have a different take on Captain Dunleavy's post.
I think it's perfectly normal that people would speculate about what happened and exchange thoughts on what might have caused the accident especially since it involved two experienced and well respected boaters.
I don't recall him responding in such a fashion (calling posters ignorant" when everyone was discussing the two other fatal accidents in previous years.
It wasn't a criminal matter and everyone was respectful to the families so I just don't understand what seemed to be such an angry response. I find it a little improper from a public official.
After all the thanks he got.....I'll probably get blasted but just my take on it.
SAMIAM,
My apologies! My comment, "ignorant, uninformed statements" was directed at some of the conclusions proposed in this thread and not at any one specific member of this forum.

Ignorant statements are those made without specific knowledge in a particular field (in this case boat accident reconstruction, or without the benefit of seeing these boats in person).

At no time did I intend to insult members of this forum. Again, my apologies if my comments were misunderstood.

Tim
Marine Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Marine Patrol For This Useful Post: