View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 07:54 AM   #27
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
All this talk about batteries has me questioning my choice to buy a new Stihl gas weed whacker. My $80 Weed Eater has lasted 11 years without a thing other than clean, rated treated fuel. Kinda hard to believe a battery-powered unit would last as long? Concerns are both battery longevity as well as lighter materials (to increase efficiency). I've got a lot of defunct electric batteries--Makita sticks, Hitachi packs, etc.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Don't change what works. I had a Husqvarna weed whacker that I had to **** with every spring to get started. I got tired of spending 20 minutes trying to start it every time I needed to use it for 20 minutes of weed whacking. I have gone through a few batteries but I don't have stress of trying to get it started, and I'm a mechanic!
I don't have that issue with my Homelight chain saws. If I did they would go out with the trash. They sit for years and have no problem starting. I had a Homelight blower that was the same way but that finally died after 15 years of use and abuse.
I will say I hate yard work. So anything that makes it easier I'm all for. That's why I have a landscaper at home in ma. now.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: