View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
VtSteve

It's always a party stopper when you get into a debate of the new age of Puritanical thinking versus secular humanism, so why start

I'd have thought you'd be a shoe-in for choice #1 APS. You still are, except for the technicality of enforcing the noise.

I've never had a motorcycle, but I can definitely understand the love of them and the lifestyle. Tens of thousands of people love their bikes, and obviously still love bike week. I don't like their loud exhausts, but many more do like it. I have different passions than they, so we co-exist fairly responsibly.

I personally think it's great that so many people have so many different passions for their lifestyles and recreation. We have sailboat races every weekend here in the bay, which causes gridlock many times times during the days, as boats from 4 different marinas have to navigate their way through the chaotic starts and races. The fact that I don't sail anymore has nothing to do my thinking that it's still a great use of the lake. We just have different passions. As some of them flip the bird while I idle at NW speed well around the perimeter of the race, I smile and go my way.

Many people love the RV lifestyle, some tenting, powerboating, sailing, paddle boats, motorcycles. It's a fantastically diverse array of recreational choices. It's great to see people happy and co-existing. The vast majority of these folks are law-abiding people enjoying life. Some people just can't let it go that somewhere, somebody might be having a good time. If it happens to disturb their own sense of Nirvana, then it must be stopped.

I think I've read enough of your posts everywhere to know exactly what your opinion of "Peaceable boating" is. I'm pretty darn sure most everyone else does as well, so I won't wound their eyes again.