View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #74
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
As I have never been can someone post the kinds of food that we bring?
Oh the food.

Glorious food.

If you've ever been to a church pot-luck or a family reunion where everyone brings a dish - this is like one of those functions.

First there's Steve's chili. It rocks. And did I mention that Steve makes great chili? Yup.

Seriously - it's a "bring it and share it" thing. We have every everything from crackers & cheese, chips & dip, fruit salad, cakes, crock-pot stews, finger sandwiches, cookies, and the list goes on. We will make a list as folks post what they're bringing.

As I said earlier, there's no adult beverages allowed - usually because we're on public property (not because we're prudes... and maybe this is out of respect to those who can't/don't drink... keep it simple, ya know.)

In addition to food...

We have a raffle for charity.

The items are donated from members and we've had some wonderful entries - books of poetry about Lake Winnipesaukee, collectors' plates, free parking passes for Fisher Cats games, framed photographs - and the highlight is usually a handmade quilt by our own Quilt Lady. She does wonderful work and I envy her talent!

So, if you have something that might be of interest to others and you wish to help raise money for a good cause, bring it to raffle. We sell tickets and at the end of the fest, we draw winning tickets. The money from ticket sales is what is donated to a local charity (which will we probably be deciding on next, after we nail down a date.)