View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloway View Post
"...I'm pretty sure that a person on a P26 riding the wake of somebody doing 80mph 150' off it's port side wouldn't think it much of a compromise. Yet both have an equal interest in the broads..."
I may not be the only person on this forum who doesn't know what a P26 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorsetim View Post
The two threads is a really good idea keeps everyone civil
It's like having two forums under this one sub-forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
"...the Broads, the best sailing and salmon-fishing part of the lake..."
Funny you should mention those two. My sailboat and a salmon-fisher (blue canopy) had the Broads to ourselves early this morning. Later, a yellow kayak popped out of Winter Harbor, where too many boats were waterskiing and tubing: a few Jet-Skis and others came out later, but everybody was civil and going about their business.

On the Broads southeast of Welch Island, I'd estimate that for every sailboat this year, there were three powerboats; however, I had been counting all moving powerboats.

I'll have to revise my estimating now: the ratio of sail to power may be much greater than I'd thought. For example, on the Broads late yesterday afternoon, sailboats handily outnumbered powerboats by three-to-one!

Of those close enough to identify, there were three Sunfish, a Phantom, a Cape Dory Typhoon 17, a Hobie 18, and a Rhodes 19 (with two gals who left their mooring off Snake-Eyes' "headquarters"). Scattered elsewhere in the distance were a handful of medium-sized sailcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
"...we will all get a better feel for the prevailing opinion on this topic, rather than just the opinions of the dominant few..."
The dominant few can kvetch among themselves now.

I thought the new "permanent" bill should have been presented at the end of this season.

...But just think of the incentive for sane and civil behavior on the water for two whole years.

Hey, the wind's just come back up!...I'm goin' sailin'...