View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #269
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattle Isle Windy Side View Post
No there isn't....and this case proves that.

Sorry - you wont ever find a firearm instructor/trainer/etc that would ever testify that a gun should be removed from a holster during a confrontation to "check the safety is on"

Not buying it for a second, and sounds like nobody else did. He likely fully admitted he took that loaded gun out and held it in his hand. WHY? to check the safety? C'mon...

Tempers and firearms dont mix. That gun never comes out of its holster during a confrontation unless deadly force MAY be necessary. Did he call 911? did he retreat to a safe area? Was she armed? (with anything?) Was it even a surprise that she was there? (he was told she was coming?) This is not a hard case folks. Unfortunate - yes...but not hard by the law.

And why do people keep bringing up this nutty womans past? I thought we lived in the USA here? Be as nutty as you want, but if someone pulls a loaded gun on an unarmed person why should your nutty past matter? Neither persons past is on trial here, and never will be. (Thank God)

From the sounds of it he seems like a nice guy, and she sounds like a f'n wackjob...but thats not the point, is it?

I truly hope (and highly doubt) his sentence gets majorly reduced here. Its not a fair sentence. As a Life Member of the NRA and firearm enthusiast I also hope Mr Bird never owns a firearm again.
I’m sure you are a hero in many people’s eyes as far as knowing how to handle a firearm…however…if you read the Trial Documents Ward Bird did not admit to having a gun in his hand while talking to the victim.

I was a doubter in the beginning of this thread but after reading the Trial Documents I have changed my mind.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yosemite Sam For This Useful Post: