View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 04:03 AM   #53
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
This coupled with the rediiculous cost of of replacing batteries is why every time I pull the cord on my gas lawn mower and it starts I smile. Never lets me down. Never worry about a battery crapping out half way thru the job never have to charge it when the job is done. Just fill it with gas and boom she runs and runs hard. Yup. Grumpy old man but if ain’t broke I ain’t fixin it.
Yup. My Echo and Ryobi blowers, Craftsman tractor, Stihl chainsaw, Craftsman snowblower, and Troy-Bilt splitter are/were all from 10-15 years-old and all without a hiccup. The only ICE machine I've ever had that didn't last as long as I'd hoped was a Weed Eater that I got five years out of before it got tricky to start. I accepted that when I bought it for $65 at Walmart, though, so it was easy to toss (and still wayyyy cheaper than an electric).

That being said, I do like my Greenworks 60V whacker and if they weren't more expensive might consider more.

Example: the Greenworks blower is $220 while the Echo blower AND vac is $230. With a 5-year-warranty on the echo, and being as efficient as it is, it's a no-brainer.

For me, electric garden tools just aren't there yet.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote