View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #25
Alton Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Alton Lady:

Think of it this way: When you join a new group, neighborhood, company, etc. in the real world do you tend to immediately stake out controversial or strong positions? I suspect not. Typically most of us gradually develop relationships with fellow group members and slowly we earn the credibility necessary from our peers to support our positions. Thus, on the forum instantly staking out a controversial position is often met with skepticism and sometimes hostility unless the position is very well supported. Maybe such a response is not justified but I believe it is human nature. Think of it from this perspective and I believe it will make sense to yo: Wouldn't a harsh response usually be thrust upon a new employee who immediately stakes out an extreme position shortly after joining a company. This person would likely be viewed as controversial, difficult, a trouble maker, etc. Does that make sense? The forum is no different.
I do enjoy a good discussion/debate, and wouldn't let a new group, acquaintance or job stop me from voicing my opinion, especially when I believe someone has been wronged. I guess it is all in the approach. Our opinions all have value, but how we present them, hopefully with class and consideration for others, is important.

Thank you for your response.
Alton Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alton Lady For This Useful Post: