View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #14
HarborSide CHBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
I am pretty sure their insurance company is not going to let anyone touch their docks. You might offer to have a licensed electrician install them instead. But then they will most likely need to have the members vote on it as well, as it is going to affect their investments in the property should they fail and damage occur, insurance or not. So far as they are concerned it is not broken so why fix it. If it gets 'Fixed" and something happens who's head will roll in the Board of Directors of the association. Knowing the politics of associations....someones head will roll if the docks get damaged. Jus' saying.

My only solution for you, and it is a very simple one, is to call a Marine Company like Dive Winnipesaukee to come out and install a curtain to stop their circulators from affecting your docks. They look like an oil boom sort of thing. It is a pretty simple thing to do. Dive Winni does it all the time.
lakesrider

THANK YOU.

I have never even heard of that product or solution. I'm very familiar and comfortable with Watermark for our waterfront and dock work, so I'll talk to them first as I am sure they are familiar with that product and Dive Winni. Again, thank you very much.

Also, I have been contacted by a town official from another lake and given a copy of the lake newsletter on proper operation of all deiciing devices. It is good.

Then I got another call for follow-up regarding the NH statute by a legislator who indicated that "public" to that person meant "other than the subject property owner" and if it needs to be clarifed the word "public" in the Statute should be changed. Asked for all of our pictures and videos. Very, very helpful. Plans on asking others in the various lakes regions in the state if these devices are impacting other abutters or the general recreational public.

So, winnipesaukee.com really was quite helpful in less than a whole day.

Thanks folks.

Wow.