View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #85
ApS

Question About This Case of "Loving It"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
...was kayaking yesterday. Pulled a plastic bag out of the lake only to find it was full of someone's poop. Credit to her for not dropping it back in the lake. Would love to know who did that and where they lived. I'd mail it back to them.
I was visiting my next-door neighbors (by boat!), when I saw something strange floating by. Investigating, what I'd seen was a hoof. The rest of the deer was under water. Most everything dead arrives in Johnson's Cove, but that doesn't seem to discourage dozens of weekend visitors. Maybe they've experienced worse "at home"?

Returning to my neighbors, they told me of seeing a disposable diaper floating by in the same direction. (A different season). They still drink directly from the lake, from about 2˝ feet of water. Winter Harbor must be relatively clean: Nobody has reported sickness along this shore.

Today, just a week after seeing one other, I saw a second "disposed" aluminum can floating by. Deposits can't come soon enough—not to include diapers!

Shampooing their hair, two male visitors were the only case of "soaping-up" I've ever witnessed. Fortunately, both were nearly bald!

As for cleaning boats in the lake, I've seen only one case, where the elderly couple must have spent two hours scrubbing the topside. That is, excluding the case of my BIL, who poured a bucket of second-hand PineSol into the lake. This transformed about three acres of Lake Winnipesaukee (right to the bottom) to a bright, opaque white.

'Course, exceptionally heavy boat traffic wakes (for a Thursday) a week ago stirred up shoreline sediments, so the lake bottom (normally very clear at 9 feet) turned murky.
Attached Images

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote