View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #64
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad sold the C * C View Post
Dan, was the dock line connected to the back cap and you think the edge got bashed enough for the cap to pull off?

I'm asking because I put an extra line from my rear cap to the dock. I keep it loose as it's there only if another line fails. From the photo my neighbor sent I think it helped me because the post with the line that prevents the boat going forward tilted quite a bit. ( I have whips and snubbers for lateral movement and hard line for forward / backward movement. I may try snubbers on the hard lines.
Yes on that particular pontoon the tie off is on the back cap. He had four way tied with snubbers as well as but it was just too much. Even the front tie offS which are welded to the front of the pontoon both broke off! The wind was just brutal and his breakwater kind of locks the waves in and really makes things worse under certain wind conditions. Once that boat broke free it really took its toll on his very nice Bennington Tri-toon. Both side pontoons are basically destroyed, still useable but destroyed!

Dan