View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 05:15 PM   #58
Dad sold the C * C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Here’s a pic of my brother in laws pontoon barge that got hell beat out of it in the storm. As you can see, the dock line even with snubbers ripped the entire back cap off the pontoon where it attaches. That’s the back cap in the second picture. After the boat broke free it hit their new Bennington Q series pontoon that I just sold them a month ago. Damaged the entire side of one toon. They are on the east side of Lockes island.

Descant note....even with the entire back cap ripped off, the pontoon remained afloat and I was able to tow it to shore. Only the back compartment was compromised...

Dan
Dan, was the dock line connected to the back cap and you think the edge got bashed enough for the cap to pull off?

I'm asking because I put an extra line from my rear cap to the dock. I keep it loose as it's there only if another line fails. From the photo my neighbor sent I think it helped me because the post with the line that prevents the boat going forward tilted quite a bit. ( I have whips and snubbers for lateral movement and hard line for forward / backward movement. I may try snubbers on the hard lines.
Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote