View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 07:02 AM   #87
Rich

I see many here like nest or ring cameras. I have a lot of friends that do the same.

I don't like subscription fees nor my internet bandwidth being consumed by cloud cameras.

I currently use Lorex wifi cameras. They are 1080 wifi but with local SD card storage. They also have white deterrence lights as well as a siren alarm, or you can turn these features off. The camera can record only motion clips, or you can have continuous recording by a schedule. You can live view or review motion events, or the recorded footage. Night vision is pretty good to over 80 ft or more.

On cameras where I want 24 hour continuous recording I swapped the 16gb SD card to a 128gb SD card and get over a week of recording.

I can view on my smart phone, or using my Amazon fire TV stick while watching TV I can just say "show my driveway camera" if I hear a noise or someone drive up, and it switches to the camera quickly, then one click and I'm back to my TV or movie without missing anything.

The cameras also have two way voice to talk with anyone.

Lorex used to be owned by FLIR, so this is how I found them. I've been happy with the cameras so far.

I just thought I'd mention these as an alternative to paying subscription fees and consuming network bandwidth.

https://www.amazon.com/Lorex-Weather.../dp/B07XPCR2KQ

I got a very good deal buying on a black Friday sale and also buying some open box units, so they do have sales from time to time. Lorex also has many types of wifi, POE, NVR, battery powered, 4K or even solar charging cameras available.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: