Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 08:53 PM   #40
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeLakes View Post
Ok, so I get it that their approach is maybe not the best. But I also think they may be beyond the point of frustration by now. After a very difficult year last year for any small business, to be heading into the busy season and have roadblock after roadblock thrown your way has to be frustrating. I don't know the details so I don't have any opinion to express one way or the other in terms of who is right and who is wrong, but I can guess that small town politics are making it hard to operate the business.

I guess I look at it this way .... to embark on a business such as theirs on Winni, you are looking at trying to be in compliance with the 7 (is it seven?) bordering towns and the state and find a place to do business that won't restrict your activity to the point of throttling your business. It is hard, to say the least. I'd just like them to have a fair chance to run their business the same way a shoreside restaurant has.
I think the problem that they are finding is that they thought being on the water would mean that the only regulatory body they would have to deal with was the state. Which probably came from flawed legal advice at the outset of the venture.