Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 11:06 AM   #21
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofn View Post
Can anybody explain why the Dive since day one has drawn such ire?

If it was a land based would anybody be talking about it?

As for Ben Franklin, he wanted the turkey as the national bird not the bald eagle which to me goes hand in hand... a subject that is a turkey.
I think it is mostly of interest (and dislike) because its godawful butt ugly.

If it were a sleek modern or classic clean design I feel certain more people would embrace it. My example would be the MT Washington, people still love it.

I really dont think it has anything to do with land based or being on the water, its about appearance.

I also understand that some of the the novelty and marketing of the Dive is that it looks like one, but I truly believe it would be far more accepted if it were less eyesore and more visually appealing to the masses. Every time I pass by it I kinda cringe, but once I'm past it, I dont give it a second thought. I just really dont care about it one way or another, but I do know if it were a tad nicer looking I might be a customer. Maybe,,, Just being honest.

As for the Eagle vs. the Turkey, I personally dont care for appearance of either, not attractive birds to me. But then the really stunning birds and not native to North America. I would have picked another animal as our national icon, maybe a bear or horse or Wolf or anything but a Turkey or an Eagle, but thats a whole different debate ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote